Records are missing from .accdb file

General discussion on MS Access and its databases.

Records are missing from .accdb file

Postby avvy_vincy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 am

Hi guys, we have large database file inside which some records are missing. We have no idea what's wrong here. I wanted to attach the file here for your assistance but the file is really big and my seniors didn't allow me as it contains highly confidential information. The missing records are related to some of our prestigious clients therefore, very crucial for us. Our boss has asked us (database department) to get the missing records back ASAP. We have a backup database, but useless as it is not updated. Please help us recover those very crucial missing records. Any effective way or better solution, please share with us.
We would be highly thankful to all of you.
Regards.
avvy_vincy

Re: Records are missing from .accdb file

Postby forforumsysinfo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:40 am

Dear avvy_vincy, where do you see the records are missing? Are the missing records in a query or a form? Why don't you fill the missing records again?
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby Natty_sem » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 am

You have multiple solutions to fix this situation.
1. You can use Jet Compact utility (JETCOMP.exe). This will repair the file if corruption is the main problem behind missing records. You can learn more about Jet Compact utility here.
2. You can also try Compact and Repair the database.
3. You can try to open the database file in OpenOffice.org Base.
4. If all these solutions fail, then you can try third-party MS Recovery software. You must try its demo version before buying any other software. It will recover your all missing records and saves them to a new database file.
Hope this will help you. Good luck.
Natty_sem

Postby avvy_vincy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 am

forforumsysinfo wrote:Dear avvy_vincy, where do you see the records are missing? Are the missing records in a query or a form? Why don't you fill the missing records again?

In a query therefore, I tried to create the query again and it didn't return the records. May you please tell us how to fill these missing records?
Thanks in advance.
avvy_vincy

Return to MS Access- Help Forum