Getting server error in MS Outlook 7.

General discussion on Microsoft Outlook.

Getting server error in MS Outlook 7.

Postby mickie12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:12 am

Hi friends. I'm having problem while sending mails to others in MS Oulook 7, but I can recieve the mails from others. While trying to send mails I'm getting an error code: 0x800CCC6F. I have tried to disable (temporary) my AntiVirus scanner to no avail. I have also tried to uninstall it, but no luck. The same error occurs everytime. Please help me. I'll be highly grateful to you.
mickie12

Re: Getting server error in MS Outlook 7.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 am

You may try to remove all your email accounts, what you have configured in it, and then re-configure them. If it doesn't resolve this problem then you may try to repair your MS Office or you may try to uninstall and reinstall it. See if works and let me know.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby forforumsysinfo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am

I forgot to ask you this: what type of email accounts are you using in your MS Outlook? For example: POP, IMAP or exchange server?
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby mickie12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:28 am

I've already tried this, but no positive results came out. Still having the problem.
mickie12

Postby mickie12 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:30 am

I'm using POP server.
mickie12

Postby forforumsysinfo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:44 am

All right. You need to turn off secure connections by your SMTP Email server. You may try these steps:
  1. On the Tools menu, click on Email Accounts > View or change existing email accounts.
  2. Now click on the account, which is listed in error message. Then click on Change.
  3. In email account settings window select More Settings.
  4. Click on Advanced tab. Uncheck the box This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
  5. Now click on OK, and then Close.
Hope this will help you.
Regards.
N. Semm
Site Administrator
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby jam_lo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am

The main reason this error code is that your SMTP email server is using a secure connection, in fact it doesn't support secure connections. All you need to do just modify your account settings.
Good luck. :P
jam_lo

Return to MS Outlook- Help Forum