NT-backup to backup exchange server.

General discussion on Windows backup and its restoration.

NT-backup to backup exchange server.

Postby virro321_l » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:54 am

Can Windows backup program aka NT-backup be used to backup Microsoft Exchange Server? If yes, then how?
Many thanks in advance. :P
virro321_l

Re: NT-backup to backup exchange server.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 am

virro321_l wrote:Can Windows backup program aka NT-backup be used to backup Microsoft Exchange Server?

Yes, NT-Backup utility, which is an inbuilt backup program of Windows, can be used to backup Microsoft Exchange Server. To backup an exchange server you need to follow these following steps:
  1. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup.
  2. Click on Backup tab. In the left pane you will see Microsoft Exchange Server. Expand it and also expand the server branch.
  3. Now you need to select the items or objects, which you want to backup.
  4. After selecting them, you need to type the full path and file name of the backup file in the Backup media or file name box.
  5. Now click on Start Backup. Once it gets completed, close it.
Hope this will be helpful. For more information you may visit this page.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby virro321_l » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks for sharing this information. I also wanted to know that how to restore this backup. May you help me with this? :)
virro321_l

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 am

virro321_l wrote:I also wanted to know that how to restore this backup. May you help me with this? :)

I have linked you an article. Each and every step is briefly mentioned there. But however, you may take help from these following steps to restore backup of Exchange server:
  1. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Backup.
  2. Click on Restore tab. In the left pane expand the file branch and also expand the backup branch that you want to restore.
  3. Now you need to select the items or objects, which you want to restore.
  4. After selecting them, in Restore files to box you need to select the option that you want.
  5. Now click on Start Restore.
  6. Now you need to type the name of the server in Restore to box. Then type the full path of the folder in the Temporary location for log and patch files box.
  7. Click on Last Backup Set check box > Mount Database After Restore check box > OK.
  8. Now you need to type the full path and file name of the backup file in the Restore from backup file box, which you want to restore, and then click on OK.
  9. Click on Close when it gets completed.
Hope this will be enough.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby virro321_l » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46 am

Thank you very much for sharing this information with me.
Remain blessed. :)
virro321_l

Return to System Backup & Restore- Help Forum