Slow performance of MS Outlook 2010.

General discussion on Microsoft Outlook.

Slow performance of MS Outlook 2010.

Postby piyanorr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi friends, I'm using MS Outlook 2010 on my office system having Windows 7 operating system. From last few weeks my MS Outlook has been working really very slowly. When I click on a Calendar it takes a lot of time to be opened. It really annoys me a lot. What shall I do to overcome it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. :)
piyanorr

Re: Slow performance of MS Outlook 2010.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 pm

This has become a burning issue for most of Outlook 2010 users. But it's not a big deal. You may try these solutions to overcome it:
  1. You may try to run Scanpst.exe, which is a built-in repair tool of MS Outlook.
  2. You may try to run Office repair from Program Features.
  3. You may try to fix this by upgrading the Operating system and MS Office suite.
Try all these solutions one by one, and let me know which one worked for you.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby piyanorr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Hey, many thanks for your quick reply. But I have already tried all of them to no avail. Still annoyed with this slow performance of Outlook program. Anything more you can suggest here?
piyanorr

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Try to remove all add-in and disable your anti-virus program. And see if it works or not?
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby arich123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 pm

You must have large PST files. That's why you are facing this problem. You need to split your PST files. You may try a third-party PST Splitter to split your PST files into several small files. By doing this you will get good performance of MS Outlook program. Try its free demo.
Hope this help you.
arich123

Postby piyanorr » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:26 am

forforumsysinfo wrote:Try to remove all add-in and disable your anti-virus program. And see if it works or not?

It didn't work. I tried it to no avail.
piyanorr

Postby forforumsysinfo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 am

OK. How many email accounts you have added to your MS Outlook? Just do one thing. Remove all those accounts from your Outlook and add them again. It may be helpful. You must try it.
N. Semm
Site Administrator
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to MS Outlook- Help Forum