ODT files have corrupted. How to repair them?

General discussion on OpenOffice Writer and its documents.

ODT files have corrupted. How to repair them?

Postby freddy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm using OpenOffice from last couple of years. I have never faced a problem like what I faced yesterday. Some of my documents what I have created in OpenOffice Writer are unable to be opened now. They are very-very important for me. Whenever I open one of them I get this- "The file is corrupt and therefore cannot be reopened. Should OpenOffice.org repair the file?", when I click on Yes then it asks me to close the application. Do you know what's going on here? Please, help me.
freddy

Re: ODT files have corrupted. How to repair them?

Postby berty.L » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:04 pm

I think your ODT file is corrupted. Just try to open it in a Plain Text Editor, for example Notepad. And see if you can view the content of your file or not? Or just mail your corrupt document to me. Just PM me to know my email ID. :D
berty.L

Re: ODT files have corrupted. How to repair them?

Postby freddy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:16 am

berty.L wrote:I think your ODT file is corrupted. Just try to open it in a Plain Text Editor, for example Notepad. And see if you can view the content of your file or not? Or just mail your corrupt document to me. Just PM me to know my email ID. :D

Hey berty.L, I tried to open my .odt file in Notepad to no avail. I couldn't send you my document as it contained some confidential data. But anyway thanks for your concern. I've repaired my corrupt .odt file by using SysInfoTools ODT Recovery. Now, everything's just fine here.
Thanks for your response. :)
freddy

Return to OpenOffice.org Writer