I can't delete emails in Outlook Express.

Discuss your problems related to Microsoft Outlook Express here.

I can't delete emails in Outlook Express.

Postby Raxann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 am

Why am I having problem while deleting emails in Outlook Express? I've been observing from the last couple of weeks that my OE program has slowed down. It takes about 3-4 seconds to act. For example I press a key and it takes about 3-4 seconds to take an action. And yesterday, it was more ridiculous. I couldn't even send the mails. Have anybody ever faced such situation and fixed this, if yes then how? Please help me.
Raxann

Re: I can't delete emails in Outlook Express.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 am

You must have big sized DBX files. Remove unwanted emails form them. Your OE will become fine. Are you using any internet security program? If you are, then disable it and restart your system. And then try to send emails. If it works then good, if it doesn't then let me know.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby Raxann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:44 am

thanks for replying here quickly. Yes, I'm using Spybot. But why disable Spybot? What's the need of it? And as I already mentioned I can't delete emails. Anymore help.
Raxann

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:53 am

It seems like corruption. Hard time for you, undoubtedly. Any folder of your Outlook Express may be corrupted. Just start with deleted items.dbx. Delete the folder, close OE program and restart your system. See if it works or not. First delete this folder only, don't delete others.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby Raxann » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 am

Hey thanks. It worked. You were right. There was actually corruption in deleted items.dbx folder. I deleted it. And then I did restart my system. It's working great, I mean Outlook Express. Thanks a lot.
Remain blessed. :D
Raxann

Return to Microsoft Outlook Express- Help Forum