OpenOffice Draw not opening in my computer.

General discussion on OpenOffice Draw application.

OpenOffice Draw not opening in my computer.

Postby janny@me » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:47 am

Hi all, I don't know why but OpenOffice Draw is not opening in my computer system. I'm using Windows 7. Whenever I open OpenOffice Draw my system turns off itself. When I turn it on, I get an error something like this: "The application cannot be started. An error occurred while loading the user interface configuration data. The application will be terminated now. Please try to remove your user profile for the application."
I have no idea what's going on here. Please help me. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Many thanks.
janny@me

Re: OpenOffice Draw not opening in my computer.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:59 am

Are you having this problem only with OpenOffice Draw or other programs as well? Which version of OpenOffice are you using?
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby janny@me » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:08 am

I'm using OpenOffice 3.0.
janny@me

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:33 am

All you need to just reset the user profile. All the data user-related are stored in a dedicated folder, often called the user profile. You can check its location on your HDD in the menu Tools>Options>OpenOffice.org>Paths.
Most of the folders mentioned in that dialog are in the OpenOffice.org user profile.
The folders are hidden by default, make sure your file explorer is configured to display the hidden files and folders (for Windows users, see this post).
For Windows users:
  1. Operating systems before Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\
  2. Operating systems from Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to OpenOffice.org Draw