Can I use two different versions of MS Office at a time?

General Discussion on MS Office Applications.

Can I use two different versions of MS Office at a time?

Postby jammy_crs » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:23 am

Currently I'm using MS Office 2003, especially for my clients. Mostly I use Access to create and manage database of my clients. Now I have some personal work that requires MS Word 2010. Can I use both these versions of MS Office in my single system at the same time? I want to install both these versions on my system.
Is it possible?
jammy_crs

Re: Can I use two different versions of MS Office at a time?

Postby djdon » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:09 am

jammy_crs wrote:Can I use two different versions of MS Office at a time?

Yes, you can use two different versions of MS Office, i.e. MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2010 at the same time in a same computer. I, myself, use MS Office 2003 and MS Office 2010 on my computer having Windows 7 (64-bit) opertation system. I have never ever faced any problem or issue in this.
Go for it.
djdon

Postby arich123 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:18 am

There would be no problem if you install two different versions of MS Office in a same computer. The only issue what you will face is that only one version of MS Outlook can be installed, either it is 2003 or 2010. Other than this, everything would be fine.
Thank you.
arich123

Postby forforumsysinfo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:34 am

jammy_crs wrote:Can I use both these versions of MS Office in my single system at the same time? I want to install both these versions on my system.
Is it possible?

Yes, it is possible. There would be no problem with it. You can install two different versions of MS Office in a same computer and use any one or both of them at the same time. You said that you have Office 2003 installed in your system. Leave it installed and install the later version of MS Office, i.e. Office 2010 as well on your system. Or you can also try this: Upgrade your MS Office 2003 to 2010. If you have MS Office 2010, you can also save the documents in Office 2003 format.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to Microsoft Office- Support