Unable to create partition in hard disk.

A wide collection of common General Hardware- related Questions & Answers.

Unable to create partition in hard disk.

Postby Natty_sem » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:33 am

Hi friends, I purchased a new dell laptop last week. But I'm unable to create partition in it. What's wrong here? Please help. :)
Natty_sem

Re: Unable to create partition in hard disk.

Postby janny@me » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 am

Hi friends. My sister is also having the same problem. She recently bought a new laptop in which she got Windows 7 operating system. The system has two partition by default. She tried to create more partitions by using disk management option in hard disk, but she couldn't. Any help? Thanks in advance. :)
janny@me

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:33 am

What she's trying to do, may you explain it briefly? What happens while creating partition? Does she get any error message?
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby janny@me » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 am

When she tries to create a new volume, she can't do that. And then she gets a message asking: do you want to convert dynamic disc to basic disc? She confirms it, but again one more message takes place saying: unable to convert basic disc from dynamic disk.
Do you have any idea or solution to fix this problem? Thanks. :)
janny@me

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 am

I know why your sister and Natty_sem having this problem. The reason is pretty straightforward: we can only create four primary partitions in any Windows operating system or three partitions and one extended partition. As you mentioned that your sister receives two different messages, but both messages are the main cause for this problem. They both stop her to create new partition. Those error messages indicate that the hard disk already contains four primary partitions. But don't worry, there is an effective solution for this situation. As Windows 7 doesn't allow your create new partition without changing basic disk from dynamic until you delete one partition, so this must not be useful. You need to take help from Windows 7 partition manager. This will help you create extra partition without any limitation.
Hope this will be helpful.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to General Hardware Q&A's