Forgot admin password of my computer

A wide collection of common General Hardware- related Questions & Answers.

Forgot admin password of my computer

Postby Gravial » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:20 am

hey friends, I'm in big dilemma here. I can't use my own system as an administrator. Actually I forgot my admin password. I'm really not good in this. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Gravial

Re: Forgot admin password of my computer

Postby riellie » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 am

Don't worry. You can crack your password from BIOS setting. Just go follow these steps:
  1. Restart your computer.
  2. Press F12 when your system starts loading and keep pressing the key until you reached at BIOS Menu.
  3. Go to Security Settings and press Enter.
  4. Now go to Admin Password section and press Enter.
  5. Type new desired password and press Enter.
  6. Now press Esc key. Choose "Save and Exit".
  7. Restart your computer system. Enter the new password and open your computer as an administrator.

Hope this information will be helpful. 8-)
Last edited by riellie on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
riellie

Postby Gravial » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:46 am

hey, I couldn't open my BIOS settings. It asked me the BIOS password. Both passwords were same (admin and BIOS). Is there any chance to recover the password now or shall I call an expert?
Gravial

Postby ann_mooly » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Gravial wrote:hey, I couldn't open my BIOS settings. It asked me the BIOS password. Both passwords were same (admin and BIOS). Is there any chance to recover the password now or shall I call an expert?

You need to be an expert for this what I am suggesting. Have your ever open your system cabinet? If not then this time you need to. Just plug-out all the cables attached with system. Open the left panel of your cabinet. You will see a motherboard of your system. Just try to find a thick silver coin, it is your CMOS battery. It looks like a thick silver coin. Safely remove it without touching any other cable or connector. Wait a little while, then put the battery where it was situated. Now close the panel of your cabinet. Plug-in all the cables. Start your computer, keep pressing F12. Now there will be no requirement to enter BIOS password.
ann_mooly

Return to General Hardware Q&A's