Sizing Image over Multiple Pages!

General discussion on OpenOffice Draw application.

Sizing Image over Multiple Pages!

Postby Micheal T. Leo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:04 am

Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but I've searched for days and I can't seem to find it if it has. I'm working on a Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.1) with OpenOffice 3.4.1.

I'm trying to import an image (from file) into Draw. It's a large image that should span multiple pages. However, Draw imports it in a much smaller size and will not let me increase its size more than the size of one standard page. What I would like to do is keep the large size that will span several pages (both horizontally and vertically, if possible; if not, then only vertically is fine) and then print it using the "distribute over multiple sheets of paper" option on the Print dialog. I'm essentially trying to make a sewing pattern out of an image. I will then take the printed pages and tape them together to make a pattern I can use to cut the fabric to the appropriate size/shape.

I've tried adding new pages in Draw, but it still confines my image to one page. I've tried importing as JPEG, TIFF, PNG, PDF. I've tried resizing it once it's been imported. No matter what I've tried, though, the image remains confined to one page. Any ideas on how to accomplish what I'm trying to do? If it cannot be done in Draw, any suggestions on how else I can do this?

Thanks in advance!
Micheal T. Leo

Re: Sizing Image over Multiple Pages!

Postby Ricky G. Marion » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:46 am

Welcome to the SysInfoTools community forum!

Nothing in Draw can span pages.
So, just make a page large enough for your image by using the steps mention below
Format > Page > Page ... pages can be up to 3 meters on a side.
When you print, you can choose to scale the page down to fit on one physical sheet of paper, or to tile the drawing over several pages.

I hope this will be helpful.
thanks
Ricky G. Marion

Return to OpenOffice.org Draw