Outlook information Files (.pst) are used for POP3, IMAP, and web-based mail accounts. once you need to form archives or back up your Outlook folders and things on your PC, like Exchange accounts, you are supposed to create and use extra .pst files. A Personal Folders file (.pst) is associate Outlook file that stores your messages and alternative things on your computer. This is often the foremost common file in which info
in Outlook is saved by home users or in little organizations. Home users sometimes use an internet service provider (ISP) to get connected to the web. The ISP additionally provides one or additional email accounts. the foremost common styles of accounts are brought up by their internet protocol names — POP3 and IMAP. Another kind of account is associate HTTP or web-based account that works like IMAP email accounts. All three account sorts use a .pst file.
Also read: How to Repair Corrupted PST Files?
How to Take Outlook PST Backup?
- Close all the email client applications such as Exchange Server, MS Windows Messaging and MS Outlook
- Select Start > Settings > Control Panel and double click on Mail and Fax/Mail
- Select the folders which you need to back up by clicking Personal Folders. If you have multiple Personal Folders service in your account profile, then you need to backup each folder separately. If there exist no Personal Folder, then your data files are stored in mailbox of Exchange Server
- Click on Properties and note the path and name of the file
- Click OK and close Properties dialog box
- Store a copy of the noted file in your system.
You Should backup PST file regularly to avoid loss of data in case of data corruption. If you already have faced any corruption in your pst file. we would recommend you to use PST File Recovery.
It is recommended to copy the backup copy of the file (created using above steps) while restoring a PST file from CD or floppy disk. Backup copy must be restored by same file name and path and to the same disk that you noted in 4th step.