Office 365 is a great suit for increasing the productivity within an organization. It doesn’t matter whether you are a startup or a big monopoly, it can make the communication and planning easy for you. The best part about Office 365 is, or can be accessed from any device and at any place that helps you to stay productive even when you are on your trips, in journey, or on your morning walks.
Why People are Importing PST Files to Office 365?
Few Drawbacks of Outlook
- Security: The secured PSTs are not fully protected with passwords. Even a reasonably qualified attacker can quickly break passwords including well-known methodologies. When a PST has been enabled any user can mount it into Outlook.
- Efficiency: Organizations that seek to centralize PSTs using NAS and/or file servers face data loss, file manipulation, and performance degradation in Outlook.
- Not Organized properly: No way to check how many PST files exist in the infrastructure, whom they belong to and where they are present.
- Prone to Corruption: PST functionality leads businesses to data exposure and they are prone to malware.
So it is better to move your data from old Outlook versions to Office 365 suite.
Benifits of Office 365
- Integrated: Office 365 easily integrated with Microsoft Office and its other services.
- Work collaboratively Anywhere: Through Office 365, members can view email, notes, contacts, and calendars on the web irrespective of the device or browser they are using. This transparency allows for open communication between employees.
- Well Secured: There is integrated-in encryption and ongoing enforcement with Office 365. You ‘re still informed of where your data is and who has control. You can also erase all data from your mobile device remotely if it gets misplaced or stolen.
To do that you need to import PST file of your old Outlook version to Office 365. This will migrate all the mailbox data like emails, calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. to your office 365 account. Just Go through this info-graphic and convert Outlook PST files to Office 365
The import process takes place in two steps. First, you need to export the whole data of Outlook mailbox to a PST file, then you will import that PST to the Office 365 account. In this process, there are chances of data loss, and this process is also time consuming at the same time. So, it’s better to go for a third party software to make the process automated. You can use Sysinfo Office 365 Backup & Restore which directly exports your Outlook PST content to your Office 365 account.