Are you in search of a platform that can read you PST files without installing Microsoft Outlook? Your search finishes here, in this blog we will cover the topic “how to open PST file without Outlook?”.
As we are aware of the fact that PST is a Personal storage folder saved by Microsoft Outlook. The file format is used to store every email items like sent emails, received emails, contacts, calendar and etc. Outlook with the combination SharePoint Server and Microsoft Exchange Server help you to manage emails with an ease.
In earlier versions of Outlook, PST files were stored as ANSI format with a maximum size limit of 20 GB. But now with the new upgrade of Outlook PST file can have maximum file size limit named as a UNICODE format. But due to some hassle, the Outlook users are bound to open and view PST while not Outlook. PST file can easily be accessed on to another computer but you need to have Outlook install to open or view it. But the question is how do we access PST file without having Outlook?
Recommended to read: How to Fix Oversized PST files?
Challenges in Accessing PST Files Without Outlook
Generally, people try to convert the PST file into another format to read the content. But this process always does not give you the appropriate result. Below you will get some challenges faced by users:
- The first challenge usually faced by a user is to import the file in Outlook(if carry a PST), without Outlook it is quite impossible.
- Users look forward to convert PST into MSG format by dragging the email they on the desktop or some other location. However, you need to have an email client to open the MSG email at present time.
- Some try to use commercial tool for the conversion of PST file format into another format. But sometimes Outlook installation is needed by the software to make the conversion.
Solution to open PST file without Outlook
To fight every challenges faced by users who need to access their PST data with the use of Outlook; use SysInfo PST file Viewer tool. This tool allows you to view and access PST files without MS Outlook. You just have to download and install the software on your system which is freeware viewer. One of the amazing feature that PST Viewer carries is handling errors or PST file corruption and provide the preview of file content in a healthy state.
Key features PST file Viewer
- Enabled feature to open/view/read PST files without Outlook.
- Handles corrupted Outlook PST data files (ANSI & Unicode).
- Preview of all PST items such as Emails, Contacts, Tasks and Journal etc.
- Automatically Detects details of selected file.
- Handles alignment errors if found.
- Export every data to HTML file format.
- Create Log file in text format at your location.
Note: For instant saving of previewed and recovered PST Download Outlook PST Repair
How to Open PST file without Outlook – Steps
Step 1: Download and Install PST file viewer to open PST file on your system without Outlook.
Step 2: After you have launched the software, click on the Open button add PST file in the software.
Step 3: Select the Scanning modes to fight file errors and file corruption.
Step 4: File will be scanned and the file structure will be displayed in front of you.
Step 5: Select the folder that you want to view e.g; here inbox folder is selected.
Step 6: Choose the email to view where the content and attachment is displayed in the file viewer panel.
We have reached the end of the blog and I hope the query of “how to open PST file without Outlook” is somewhat solved. With the detail study about Outlook data items, you can definitely the use this read PST data on your system. SysInfo PST file viewer tool is very safe and maintains the originality of PST data during scanning and preview process. This tool is choice of millions of users.