Summary:-The whole world is moving towards digitalisation. From texting to real-time video conferencing, digitalisation is becoming an inseparable part of our lives. Along with that many businesses, and persons are also shifting from one email client to another. According to a recent survey, one of such most frequent conversions is from migrate G suite to Office 365. Office 365 has a client base of more than 180 million users because of its amazing features, easy-to-use interface, and security options. On the other hand, G Suite has only remained with a user base of 5 Million. So to make the migration easy and quick we are going to state a manual and a professional Google Workspace Backup Tool. Read till the end to find the best solution for yourself.
Manual Method to Migrate G Suite to Office 365
Firstly, we are going to perform the G Suite migration to Office 365 with the help of a manual method. This method will consist of 7 Parts. Follow the whole process till the end to avoid failing G Suite to Office 365.
1: Create a Service Account of Google
- Firstly, go to the browser, visit the Developer page for Service Accounts, and login as G Suite admin.
- Assign a customised name to the new project and hit Create.
- After that, tap on Create service account and type a new name to the service account and click Create.
- Hit on the service account permissions screen and click the create key button.
- Choose JSON and tap Create.
- Hit the email service account option, here you will witness a unique ID. Save it for later use.
- Choose the Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation option.
2: Activate API Usage
- Visit the API library developer page and log in as the G Suite admin user.
- Here, choose the project created by you in part 1.
- Now, search Gmail API, Google Calendar API, and contacts API and enable them all.
3: Access to Google Service account
- For the first go to the Admin Panel and tap Security, click on Advanced Settings, and hit Manage API client access.
- In the Client Name section enter the client ID and add these scopes in the API scopes field:
- Lastly, click Authorise.
4: Route Mail to Office 365
- Go to your G Suite admin panel and hit Domains > Add/ remove domains> Add a domain or a domain alias.
- Now, click “Add another domain” and enter a name for the domain that you want to use for routing emails to Microsoft Office 365.
- Here, tap Skip Google MX Setup > I use another mail server.
- For the last step, log in to your DNS provider and update your DNS. Make sure that you have an MX record on the created domain.
5: Route Mail to G Suite
- Again visit G Suite Admin Panel and hit Domains > Add/remove domains > Add a domain or a domain alias.
- Click on Add a domain alias of fabrikaminc.net. To route, the domain name to G Suite, add the domain name.
- Now, verify the domain and choose Set up Google MX records. After that follow the instructions listed for your DNS provider.
6: Provisioning of Users
Once you have applied all the settings carefully, your G Suite is ready to migrate G Suite to Office 365. But before transferring the data make sure that However, before migrating your data, make sure that all the users are provisioned in Office 365. To do this, you can follow the steps given here.
7: Steps to Create and Start Migration
- Go to the open exchange Admin Centre> recipients > migration.
- After that, click the “+” icon and transfer icon and tap the Migrate to Exchange Online option.
- A new migration batch window will pop up. Pick G Suite migration and hit Next.
- Here, open the excel sheet and form a CSV file including the list long of all the users you want to migrate from G Suite. It should contain an email address header stating the email address of the Office 365 account. Along with that you can also have a username stating the email address of the Gmail account.
- Tap choose file and search your CSV file.
Note: Don’t forget to tick “Allow unknown columns in the CSV file”. Tap Next.
- Here just add the email address of any G Suite user to test the connectivity. Click Next.
- Add the new migration batch name and the sub-domain name that you created for routing emails to Office 365. Tap Next.
- Here, add the name of the users you want to notify about the migration.
- Choose the appropriate options to initiate the migration process. After that tap on new to migrate G Suite to Office 365.
- Finally, wait for some time for the process to get complete.
Finally, on the completion of the whole process, you will be able to migrate G Suite to Microsoft 365. Clearly, the whole process is way too lengthy and complicated for non-technical users. To keep it simple and short experts recommend using a professional Google Workspace Backup Tool.
Professional Approach Migrate G Suite to Office 365
Sysinfo Google Workspace Backup Tool is an amazing utility to move G Suite to Office 365. It is an expert-recommended solution to migrate emails with ease. It has amazing features to ease the conversion process. The tool is fast, easy to use, and provides accurate conversion. Additionally, using the tool one can easily convert Google data into various file formats like PST, MBOX, PDF, etc. The tool also allows users to Backup G Suite Emails Data and it is compatible with all versions of Windows.
Know More: Import Google Calendar to Outlook– Free Tips & Tricks
Now, to know about the detailed working of the tool follow the below stated steps.
Step by Step Guide to Transfer From G Suite to Office 365
- Install and run the Google Suite Backup Tool as an administrator.
- Now, add the User Name, and Service Account ID, and upload the p12 file. Tap Sign in with Google.
- Here, choose the desired user account from the appeared list and tap next.
- Select Google Drive, Contact, Calendar, and Gmail. Click Next.
- Choose Office 365 from the drop-down list and apply the desired features. Hit Next.
- Finally, assign a destination to the new file and click Download.
Many users were looking for the best ways to migrate G Suite to Office 365, this article consists of the best solution to address that query. We have mentioned a professional and manual method to make the process easy and quick. The manual solution is way too lengthy and monotonous but there is no need to worry as we have included a professional solution to solve the problem. I hope that this article will help in providing the best G Suite to Office 365 migration solutions.