“I want to import MBOX files to Outlook 365 but fails to import please someone help me with this problem. How can I process further what can be the solutions for this issue?”
“I’m attempting to transfer MBOX from Mac OSX 10.10 to Outlook 2016. I need to Import Inbox. MBOX files to another laptop that has Outlook 2016. I couldn’t discover a way to import inbox messages to Outlook”
These are some users’ queries related to MBOX when facing issues while importing into Outlook versions. So, this article is created to help you to understand the ways to import MBOX files to Outlook.
MBOX is a file format that is used by
many email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, MS Outrage,
PowerMail, and many more. But there is a problem arises when you cannot use the
same format (MBOX) information with Office 365 Outlook (or any other version of
Outlook)–then you either have to convert it to PST or transfer it directly to
Users would like to import MBOX to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 365 or any other version of Outlook. But the main issue is how to import MBOX File to Outlook. To address this problem to the user, let’s look at a reliable response to import MBOX file to the Outlook email client.
But it is important to know the reasons
behind the migration. Let’s first see the reasons.
Why Do we need to Import MBOX Files?
format is platform dependent.
locking problems are there in MBOX.
with network file systems
format is prone to corruption.
These are the MBOX drawbacks which make
the users migrate to other email clients like Outlook. So, there are some
important features of the Outlook given below that are loved by the users:
Why Outlook is
Outlook supports advanced features that
are required by an organization.
prevent any spam emails, Microsoft Outlook offers the anti-spam feature.
provides security of the password for
encoding email items to secure emails from spammers & other hackers.
can create notes, manage events, tasks,
etc. by a calendar option which is a special feature in Outlook.
Now let us see what are the methods to
convert MBOX to Outlook. There can be of two types of solutions:
- Manual solution
- Direct Solution
Manual Solution To Transfer Gmail to Outlook
The solution is explained in two parts 1st transfer Gmail to Thunderbird and 2nd From MBOX to Outlook.
I. To add Gmail to Mozilla Thunderbird
First, go through the below-mentioned steps one by one to set up Thunderbird with Gmail account:
On Gmail Account
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Then, click on the Gear icon & under the Gmail page open the Gmail settings.
- Select options Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select the Enable IMAP option.
- At last, configure your IMAP account and then click on the Save Changes option.
On Thunderbird Client
- On your system install and run Thunderbird. Enter the name, email address, and password to open Thunderbird account & to start the process click on Continue button to import MBOX to Outlook.
- Enable the IMAP checkbox and then locate the manual configuration process.
- Enter all necessary information in these sections:
Incoming: imap.gmail.com/Port: Either 993 (SSL) or 143
Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com / Port: Either 465 or 25 (SSL)
- Click on the Reset button.
- If you have filled correct information then your task will finish. After this select to Create a new Account option.
- Finally, from Thunderbird you can verify your Gmail account, after this, you can open any email message.
- At last, Drag & Drop MBOX file into Gmail INBOX to import MBOX File to Outlook via Gmail.
II. Through Gmail Import MBOX to Outlook
Follow these steps mentioned below to Configure Outlook mail to a Gmail account:
- Go to the File menu and then click on the Add Account.
- A dialog box will appear, select an option from here Manually configure server settings or additional server types & click on Next button.
- Go to the Internet Email option & then click on Next button.
- In the dialog box, enter the name, email address, and password.
- Choose IMAP option for IMAP mail account in Account Type.
- Type imap.gmail.com & for outgoing server, type smtp.gmail.com for the Incoming server and then click on the More Settings option.
- Navigate to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the Outgoing Server which requires Authentication.
- Click on the “Use Same Settings As My Incoming Server option” & under the Incoming Server Port enter port number as 993.
- Choose “This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection” and then set the SSL type of encryption for the IMAP mail account.
- Under the outgoing server Port, type the value 587 and then set the type of encryption to TLS. After this click on OK button to exit the dialog box.
- Choose the Test Account Setting option for checking the account settings.
- Then you will receive a message like “your account settings are correct”. To close the dialog box click on the Next button.
- At last, you will receive all the data in Outlook within Gmail configured Profile.
Notice: When you have both Thunderbird and
Outlook installed on your system & configured via Gmail dummy account then
only this manual process will work.
Direct Solution Import MBOX to Outlook 365
When you don’t want to go with manual solutions because it is time-consuming, more complex. Therefore, we are here to help you, a direct solution is available directly import MBOX files to Outlook is MBOX Converter.
MBOX Converter is a multifunctional utility that supports more than 20+ email clients that use MBOX file format. It is having a simplified interface that enhances the user experience at the time of MBOX to PST file conversion. It directly imports MBOX files to Outlook PST format without any data loss.
- Multiple MBOX files to Outlook PST format conversion at the same time.
- Have options to save MBOX files to Yahoo, Gmail, PST, EML, RTF, HTML & MSG format.
- It offers recovery of corrupt MBOX/MBX files and saves them into a new file
- Import MBOX to PST quickly.
- It executes the Preview of MBOX emails after conversion.
There are many advantages to using
Outlook as an email application. But users are facing some problems while importing
MBOX to Outlook versions so this article discussed some ways to solve the
problem. To help the users we have discussed here a process to import MBOX to
Outlook 365, 2016, 2010, 2007 and all other versions. Users can use any one of
the methods but if anyone wants to get the solution quickly to convert MBOX to
Outlook then use a direct solution as explained above.