In this article, I’ll be providing solutions to configure Office 365 in Outlook. Users can configure Microsoft Outlook to access Office 365 account by setting up an Exchange connection. An Exchange connection provides access to your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks in Outlook. Doing this will help them to access emails easily and respond to them quickly.
Steps to Configure Office 365 account in MS Outlook
Here, you have to follow the process of manually configuring Outlook with Office 365 account. Before starting with the procedure, make sure that you have Outlook app installed on your system.
- First of all, go to the Control Panel and select Mail.
- A window will pop-up on the screen, click on the Add button to add a profile.
- After that, in the window, select Manual setup and click the Next button.
- Then, select Office 365 and enter the details for your Office 365 account and click on the Next.
- This process will take a few seconds to verify the Office 365 account. Once the verification is done, the Autodiscover.xml login window will appear on the screen. Now, enter the Office 365 account credentials and click Next.
- Once you’re done logging in with your Office 365 account, a notification window will pop-up on the screen.
- You need to open Outlook on your system. The Outlook app will take a few seconds to set up an Office 365 account on it.
Now, you will be able to check all your Office 365 emails via Outlook. If your Outlook is already configured with Office 365 account, and you are willing to add another Office 365 or any other POP/IMAP account to it, then you have to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open MS Outlook and go to the File tab and click Account Settings.
- A new window will appear on the screen. Click on the New button.
- Next, you have to select Manual setup and click Next.
- In the opened window, select POP or IMAP and click on the Next.
- Now, fill the required fields and go to More Settings to add the server details manually and hit the Next button.
Once you have performed all the above steps, It will just take a few seconds to set up the IMAP account with Outlook. After that, go to your Outlook, and you’ll find the Gmail mailbox in Outlook.
You may Also Read- Configure IMAP to Outlook.
Alternate Solution of Configuring Office 365
Once you set up Office 365 account on your Outlook, you’ll get all the emails on your desktop. But, if you want to avoid any kind of data loss, then you need to backup your Office 365 data. This can be done by using Office 365 Backup Tool. This tool helps to backup Office 365 mailboxes to PST without Outlook. Also, it can easily import PST files to Office 365 and Exchange mailboxes. Hence, I would recommend downloading the free demo version of this software.
The blog is describing the best possible ways to configure Office 365 in Outlook. The methods include the manual solution as well as an automated tool. To avoid any risk of data loss, you must opt for an automated tool. Hope it helps.