Are you planning to move your emails from Office 365 to PDF? If yes, then you landed on the right page. Office 365 has an in-built facility to convert Office 365 documents to PDF format, but when it comes to saving emails, then there is no such option. Now the question arises on how to export Office 365 email to PDF? Well, take a deep breath and relax. Follow the article to know the complete information about Office 365, PDF and reasons and solution for Office 365 print to PDF. So, let’s get started.
Brief About Office 365 and PDF
Office 365 is an accessible application on both Windows and Mac systems. It is a subscription-based application offered by Microsoft. All Office 365 plans consist of automatic updates at no additional charges. The basic O365 plan includes the use of MS Office functionalities and other productivity services like Free storage on One Drive.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format created by Adobe for the presentation of text and images. It is standardized as an open format, and no longer requires any royalties for its implementation. PDF files may contain rich media, video content, interactive elements, and various other data formats.
Why Users Convert Office 365 to PDF?
Though Office 365 provides cloud-based services, it has certain disadvantages too. Some of them are as follows:
- Users have no control over data as they don’t know where the data is stored in the cloud. Basically, all the Office 365 data is stored in Microsoft datacentres and is accessible only to Microsoft authorized experts. So, if you have certain problems, then you cannot fix them immediately as you have to contact Microsoft support and their response may take some time.
- Security is yet another major concern for users as their accounts can be attacked by viruses, Trojan horses, ransomware leaving their crucial data prone to corruption. To avoid such issues, they want to keep their emails safe and secure by converting them into PDF.
- Office 365 is quite difficult to customize and many organizations need flexible software so as to meet their specific business requirements, which Office 365 fails to provide.
Manual Procedure to Convert Office 365 to PDF
To do migration you have to follow the below-described procedures.
Method #1: Save Office 365 Emails as PDF
You can save office 365 emails as PDF to the hard drive by using Microsoft Print to PDF option that will result in a PDF file. After configuring MS Outlook with Office 365, the users can easily save their Office 365 mailbox emails in PDF format by using Microsoft Print to PDF option.
To archive O365 data in PDF, follow the below procedure:
- Firstly, open Outlook for Office 365.
- Then, double click on the email that you want to convert into PDF file.
- After that, select the Menu and Click on the Print option.
- Now, from the drop-down list select Microsoft Print to PDF option.
Method #2: Migrate Office 365 Email to PDF
You can also use Adobe add-in (in Outlook) which permits you to convert a single message or number of messages to the Portable Document Format file. It has functions like creating, editing and managing PDF files.
Additionally, it enables users to automatically convert all Office 365 email to PDF file for the purpose of archiving on a certain time duration. If you have installed Adobe Acrobat in the system, you get quick access to Adobe Acrobat into MS Outlook.
Drawbacks Of Manual Method
- The manual solutions can save a single email in PDF file, but these methods are cannot perform the bulk conversion.
- Data loss could be the major concern while trying to convert Office 365 to PDF manually.
- if you want to save a number of office 365 data in PDF file format then the process is very time-consuming.
Migrate Exchange online Emails Archive to PDF with Professional Solution
If you are unable to migrate their cloud database to PDF, then don’t worry you can opt for Office 365 Backup Tool. This utility provides quick and accurate migration of Office 365 emails to Adobe PDF document.
Moreover, the tool can batch export Office 365 emails to PDF with attachments. The software will preserve the mailbox folder hierarchy. Hence, there will be no data loss. It’s a Windows-based application and is supported by all Windows editions, including Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
The above write-up is describing the best solutions for Office 365 to PDF conversion. As there is no direct option to perform this migration, therefore you can go for different manual or professional methods. I hope it helps you out.