Summary:-Gmail and Outlook are two different emails accounts through which anyone can send, receive emails and store data information. MS Outlook is the cloud-based version. Gmail and Outlook both differ from each other in some assets. Through this technical guide, I will be telling you the methods to configure Gmail Account with MS Outlook. As we all know that Gmail and MS Outlook are the two most used email client applications. You might have faced difficulty in logging in to two different accounts. The only way left out is to configure the Gmail account to Outlook. So let’s move on to the configuring process.
Add Gmail Account with MS Outlook
It seems quite easy to say that we can configure Gmail to Outlook but hard to do when we implement it. By the end of this article, I guarantee you that you must be able to import your Gmail account to MS Outlook easily. You just need to follow the given below steps:
- Create a Gmail ID
- Login with that ID
- Enable IMAP access in Google Settings
- The “Less Secure Apps” option should be enabled
- Add Gmail Account in Outlook
Now, I will be telling you how to implement these 5 major steps so that you can easily configure your Gmail account with Microsoft Outlook.
Also Read: How to Add a New Account in MS Outlook 2016?
Step 1: How to Create a Gmail Account?
- Firstly, go to www.gmail.com and click on Create account.
- Then enter your name, and password, and check for the username availability.
- Now, choose your Country code and enter your Phone Number and click on Next to continue.
- Enter the code you will receive and then click on Verify.
When you verify your account then your Google account will be created. If due to any network issue you are unable to receive the verification message then you can click on the Call Instead option to verify your account.
So, by now you know how to create a Gmail Account. You should know how to log into the Gmail account because once you have created your account then you must access that account.
Step 2: How to Log in to Gmail Account?
- First of all, open the Gmail login page.
- Then enter your Email Address and click on the Next button.
- Enter your Password and click on Next. Then this will make you access your account. You can click on the “eye” icon to decode your password.
These are the three simple steps that can help you to log into your Gmail account.
Step 3: Enable IMAP in Google
Follow the below steps to enable IMAP in Google:
- Click on settings on the top corner of your page.
- Now, from the Dropdown menu open Settings.
- Then go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Then, in the IMAP Access select the Enable IMAP option and click on Save Changes.
Step 4: Enable Access to Less Secure Apps
- Firstly, click on the Gmail Account profile in the top corner and select your Gmail account.
- Then in the Google account click on Security.
- In Security scroll down to the Less Secure App Access option and click on Turn on access.
- Now, turn on the option as shown below.
- The moment you enable this option you will be able to access less secure apps. There is no need for any technical guidance so you can apply these steps by yourself.
Step 5: How to Add Gmail Account to Outlook?
- Open the File Tab and click on the Add Account button.
- Add Account dialogue box will be opened where you have to enter the Gmail Username I.D, Email Address, and Password. Then click on Next.
- Select the POP or IMAP option and click on Next.
- Then, go through the details you have entered and click on Next.
- Now Outlook will take some time to verify your Gmail Account. When your account is verified then the confirmation dialogue box will appear with the message Account Setup is Complete.
- Finally, your Gmail Account has been added and configured successfully to MS Outlook.
How to Directly Import Gmail Emails to Outlook?
Well, if you are looking for a solution to add and configure Gmail to Outlook then you can find plenty on the web. But choosing the right one is a difficult task. You must try the Gmail Backup Software which is one of the best tools. This software has a user-friendly interface that enables non-technical users to use it with great ease. The tool is equipped with a highly advanced algorithm that facilitates the user to directly export Gmail email to Outlook and is a tool upon which you can bank.
To sum up, I would say as it is not an easy task to configure Gmail to Outlook, you must take the help of an automated tool in doing so. Now, it’s totally up to you to make your call. Hope it helps.