ODT file is created by OpenOffice Writer. It is an open source standard for text files which are based on XML (eXtensible hypertext Markup Language). It is one of the very versatile file format in OpenOffice and very simple to use. It is just like MS Word’s Doc file but it has some additional features which exceed its utilization among users.
But sometimes ODT files get corrupted. There is not any particular reason behind its corruption. It is just like this: sometimes due to this and sometimes due to that. But whatever the reason there, once the .odt file is corrupt OpenOffice Writer cannot open it anyhow. Just have a look on the possible reasons of ODT files’ corruption:
- Unwanted virus attack and Trojan infection.
- Abruptly or improperly system shutdown.
- Sudden system power failure.
- Association of .odt files with some other authorizing software.
- Reinstallation of operating system.
- Format conversion.
- Problem in storage media and many more.
So those are some factors which can badly affect ODT files. Just imagine this common situation: You want to open or access your ODT files, but due to corruption they can’t be opened or accessed. And instead of this you receive some error messages on your screen. How would you feel? Certainly you’ll be depressed by this action. Damage of ODT file is always unbearable for any user and it becomes more serious when it contains essential data including graphics and other items.
Corruption is always uninvited so it can’t be stopped. Like other computer files ODT files also can’t be escaped from corruption, i.e. ODT files also get corrupt or damaged. Whenever an ODT file gets corrupt some error messages are received on monitor screen. Those errors could be one of these:
- "The file is corrupt and therefore cannot be reopened. Should OpenOffice.org repair the file?"
- "General Input and output Error."
- "The file could not be repaired therefore cannot be opened."
- "Unable to read file."
- "Xmldiff #9388 error when comparing ODT files (open)."
SysInfoTools OpenOffice Writer Recovery uses advanced algorithm technique which successfully scans highly corrupt ODT files and after that it recovers all the data from them. And for all that action it hardly takes few minutes of time. It helps users to recover maximum possible data from ODT files and then let them save the recovered files at their defined location.
SysInfoTools OpenOffice Writer Recovery is very affordable and 100% result oriented tool which performs very safe and effective recovery process. It works as a read-only program, i.e. it never affects original content of the file in fact it enhances the quality of the data. SysInfoTools’ software developer designed it with a friendly interface especially for non-technical users. Therefore no extra technical knowledge is required to use it.
- Efficiently recovers unreadable data from corrupt ODT files.
- Supports recovery on any version of OpenOffice software, i.e. v1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.3, 3.0, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4.
- Reads corrupt ODT files and extracts all formatting, styles and every other item of the Writer document.
- Performs quick batch recovery of ODT files in just no time.
- Doesn’t require any installed OpenOffice software, i.e. allows users to open recovered files of ODT format.
- Supports previewing of content of recovered file and allows saving into fresh ODT or HTML file.
- Displays preview of all recovered Meta-data from corrupt OpenOffice Writer files.
- Recovers text, text formatting, page orientations, page layout, graphics, images, headers, footers, Unicode characters, hyperlinks, image objects, special characters, tables and every other item of the document.
- Compatible with all operating systems, i.e. Windows 7, Vista, 2003, XP, and 2000.
- Easy to use, no technical skills required.
- Restores the file at user specified location.
- Now interface of the software has been changed with some more attractive and friendly features.
- Now users can select two recovery modes for ODT files’ recovery:
- Standard Mode: Helps users to extracts data and images from corrupt ODT files.
- Advanced Mode: Helps users to scan corrupt ODT files and create new fully repaired ODT file.
- Shows the preview of recovered files in two forms: Text Form and Images Form.
- Allows users to save the recovered files in two files’ formats: ODT and HTML.
Download Demo Copy:
We request our customers to download the free demo version of OpenOffice Writer Repair v2.0 before getting its full version. It will help them to evaluate the performance of the software. In demo version, previewing of the recovered file is also supported. Demo version of the software contains all the functionalities except the saving option of the recovered file. Therefore, to save the recovered ODT files you need to buy the full version of the software.
OpenOffice Writer Repair software from SysInfoTools, repair corrupt ODT files when following unexpected situations occurs:
- ODT file corrupted due to improper shutdown.
- ODT file corrupted due to formatted conversion.
- Failure of system software etc.
- ODT file corrupted due to General Input and Output error.
- ODT file corrupted due to system malfunction.
- ODT file displaying error message that "file is corrupt or damaged".