Some salient key features of SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter tool are:
- Preview of recovered data: There is a preview feature in this tool that allows users to preview all the recovered data. Users are allowed to check the integrity of the recovered data before the actual recovery. This feature helps users verify the credibility of the software.
- Date range option for saving recovered data: Users can save all the recovered data with a unique date range option. Either you can save all the recovered data between a selected date range or cannot save all the recovered data between a selected date range.
- Performs quick recovery from OLM: The tool helps users fix corrupted OLM file and recovers all the crucial mailbox data, such as: email messages, contacts, journals, calendar, etc. from it. Within a couple of minutes, it thoroughly scans the file and recovers maximum possible data from it.
- Auto-Search: This tool contains an auto-search feature that will help you searching the MSG files form the system in an automation mode. This feature is very helpful when you do not know the exact location of the MSG files.
Other beneficial features: This tool is enhanced with a various other features which are very helpful for users:
- Export to HTML: By using this feature, users can export all the listed data of a scanned OLM file into a HTML file which can be saved at user-defined location.
- Saving of LOG file: By using this feature, users can save the log file of OLM recovery process in text format at user-defined location. The log file contains all the information regarding OLM file recovery.
- Snapshot of OLM recovery: There are two unique features in this tool: Save Snapshot that helps users save the recovery snapshot of OLM file at any location and Load snapshot that helps users to load the saved snapshot to save the scanning time.
- Attaching PST file to Outlook profile: If you are converting your OLM file into PST format to make it accessible in Windows Outlook, this tool will provide you a feature to add the new PST file to your Outlook profile in just a single click.
- Safe and easy-to-use application: It is a very safe tool that maintains the originality of the file and data integrity while performing file scanning and recovery process. The software contains an interactive and self-describing user interface that makes it an easy-to-use application.
- Compatible with all Windows OS: The software is highly compatible with all major versions of Windows operating systems, such as: Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win 7 and Win 8. It supports OLM files which are created by any version of Outlook on Mac operating system.
- Q. What is the difference between OLM and PST?
Ans. Microsoft Outlook is available for both Windows and Mac operating systems. If you are using MS Outlook in Windows, it uses PST or personal storage table file to store all the mailbox items, such as: email messages, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and many more. But if you are using MS Outlook in Mac, all those mailbox items are saved in an OLM or Outlook for Mac data file. An OLM file can only be opened in Mac Outlook; it cannot be opened in Windows Outlook. The only possible way to open an OLM file in Windows Outlook is by converting it to PST format. There is one more difference between an OLM and PST file: size limitation. Where a PST file has a definite file size, i.e. 2 GB for ANSI and 20 to 50 GB for Unicode, on the other hand an OLM file has no such size limitation. But if a folder is larger than 2 GB of size in an OLM file, it cannot be exported.
- Q. Can I open an OLM file in Windows Outlook program?
Ans. Yes, you can open an OLM file of Mac Outlook in Windows MS Outlook program. To do this, you need to convert the OLM file into PST format. You can also convert them into other email formats which are highly supported by Windows Outlook, such as: EML and MSG. But unluckily, there is not any manual solution for converting an OLM file into PST or other email formats. In such situation you can use advanced OLM to PST Converter tool of SysInfoTools and convert your OLM files (both normal as well as corrupted) into PST, EML MSG and MBOX formats.
- Q. How can I view an OLM file data without having Mac operating system?
Ans. If you have received an OLM file and you do not have Mac operating system but you want to read the file or want the data inside the file, then you can convert the OLM file into PST format to open it in Windows Outlook. An OLM file cannot be opened in Windows Outlook directly. SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter tool helps you convert the OLM file into PST and other popular email formats, like: EML, MSG and MBOX. But if you do not have Outlook installed in your Windows system and you want to read the OLM file, you can try its free demo version. It helps you view or read the OLM file without requiring Mac Outlook and Windows Outlook. Demo version allows users to see the preview of OLM file data.
- Q. My OLM file is corrupted. How to fix it? Is it possible to open the corrupted OLM file in Mac Outlook?
Ans. If you are having corruption in your OLM or Outlook for Mac data file, you can fix it by using SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter tool with ease. This tool not only converts an OLM file into PST and other email formats, but also handles corrupted OLM files and fixes them within a few mouse clicks. If you want to open your corrupted OLM file in Mac Outlook, you can use this software. It will fix your corrupted OLM file and allow you to save the recovered data into a new file. As you want to open the file in Mac, you must choose MBOX format before saving the recovered data. This tool will create a new file in MBOX format which can be easily opened or viewed in Mac Outlook.
- Q. What are the reasons for OLM file corruption? What are the most common symptoms of OLM file corruption?
Ans. An OLM or Outlook for Mac data file is not immune to corruption. There are various factors which may cause corruption in your OLM files, such as:
- Interruption while preforming Outlook installation on the Mac system can cause corruption in your OLM files.
- Virus infection on Mac Outlook application through network is another major responsible reason for corruption.
- System hard disk drive is crashed or starts malfunctioning.
- Corruption in the hard disk where your Outlook 2011 is installed.
- Trying to import the OLM files into Windows Outlook without converting their format or trying to convert their format manually may lead corruption in the OLM files.
Due to all the above factors, an OLM file becomes corrupted and starts showing an unusual or abnormal behavior:
- You may receive this error message: "Microsoft Outlook must be closed because an error occurred."
- "An unknown error has occurred in Outlook. Error code – 17199."
- Your Outlook application starts losing connection continuously.
- The performance of your Outlook application becomes really very slow.
- Q. How to use SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter tool for fixing corruption from an OLM file?
Ans. SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter tool is an easy-to-use application that requires no prior technical expertise. You need to follow the steps shown below:
- Launch SysInfoTools OLM to PST Converter software on your system.
- Click on Open button > Browse and select the corrupted OLM file from the system directory.
- Click on OK button to start scanning process of selected OLM file.
- Once the scanning process is completed, you will receive a message. Click on OK.
- Now expand the scanned OLM file and click on each mailbox item one by one to start recovering data from them.
- Click on any of the recovered mail or data to see its preview in the preview pane.
- Now select all the mailbox items which you want to save. Click on Save button.
- Click on Browse button and select a location for the new file. Click on OK.
- Now select the file format in which you want to save your recovered data or in which you want to convert your OLM file.
Note: If you want to open your OLM file in MS Outlook, then you need to select PST EML or MSG. But if you want to open the OLM file in Mac Outlook, you can select MBOX format.
- Select date range option if you want to save the recovered with or without particular date range. Otherwise, do not check it.
- Click on OK to start saving process of recovered data. Once the saving process is completed, you will receive a message. Click on OK.