Unexpected error in PDF files.

General discussion on Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader and PDF files.

Unexpected error in PDF files.

Postby lola_run » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:28 am

Last week I created some PDF files on my Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0. I sent them to my client via email. But she couldn't open any of them. She got an error while opening those files: "Adobe Reader could not open xyz.pdf because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged". The files are perfect here, but not there. I have no idea what's wrong here.

Re: Unexpected error in PDF files.

Postby arich123 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 am

It seems the documents are getting corrupted while sending them. You may have a poor or weak network connection. Make sure the internet is working properly and no other uploading or downloading is taking place at the time you're sending email to your client.

Re: Unexpected error in PDF files.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:20 am

This is one of the common problems faced by PDF users. PDF files get corrupted while transferring from one side to other. Weak or interrupted network connection is the main cause. Either you have a bad network connection or your client has. As we know network connection must be in good state for both uploading and downloading files. But it's not a big mess, still you may try these:
  1. Instead of sending the files via email just upload them to any server such as Adobe Sendnow or DropBox. And, send the link to your client and ask her to download the files from there.
  2. If this may not possible then put all your files into a RAR or ZIP file and then send it to your client. Compressed file is easily shared over the network and it's a good way to transfer data and other files from one place to other.
Hope this information will be helpful.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
Site Admin

Return to Adobe Acrobat & Reader- Help Forum