Issue in Open document Last modified position !

General discussion on OpenOffice Writer and its documents.

Issue in Open document Last modified position !

Postby FriedL » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:41 am

Hi everyone,

There is, most likely, already some thread about this issue
Shouldn´t WRITER automatically open a document (recently used or not) at the last edited position ?
Well, lately this feature doesn´t work anymore … or so it seems.
I can't remember when / why this has changed, but I´m quite sure it used to display the last input location.
How do I fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Issue in Open document Last modified position !

Postby LiverPAN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 am

Please follow the instruction to Fix this problem:
1. Go to
2. Tools
3. Options
4. OpenOffice : User Data and enter a name.
Then OpenOffice should open at the last edit position.

I hope this will help you...

Re: Issue in Open document Last modified position !

Postby Bryan L. Warfield » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 am

RE: Opening Documents automatically at Last Modified (cursor) Position.

Prior to the last update to Open Office 4.1.0 my system did this. It always re- opened documents at the last cursor position when saved.
I have tried all the prior suggestions - but cannot get this feature to work in version

1. Go to Tools/Options/Open Office User data and enter a name. In 4.1.0 there is no "Options" available under "Tools".
But I can get to User Data via File/Properties/General. My user name is entered there so it should work but it doesn't.

2. Manually restore the last editing view by pressing Shift + F5. That does not work with my version. Nothing happens when I press Shift+F5, and when I save and re-open the document it opens at the top of the document rather than the last edited position.

3. Went to "File/Properties/General/Security options and warnings - remove personal information on saving". On my system. There is no "remove personal information on saving" option under the "Security" tab.??

Does anyone know how to get version 4.1.0 to reopen documents at the last edited cursor position.??

Bryan L. Warfield

Return to Writer