How can see my files which is not hidden ?

Discuss your problem related to data and file recovery here.

How can see my files which is not hidden ?

Postby Joseph S. Klein » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:16 am

Hello Dears,

i have a problem in my Computer and then i have this in my flash drive too.
problem is that i don't know what type of threat came in my PC through net or Flash drive. it hides all my folders C drives, D, E and flash drives too. whenever i click on any drive i cant see anything but when i see properties of that drive it shows data. now i formated my PC but some of my important data are in flash drive i cant see these data if i know the name of folder like my picture when i type it in address bar I:\my picture then it open n show my data. how to remove this prob?
wat type of virus is this don't have any name i tried all type of antivirus its scan all the folder in flash drive but i cant see them. plz help me if any body know this.

Joseph S. Klein

Re: How can see my files which is not hidden ?

Postby LiverPAN » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:30 am

Please follow the steps given below i hope these will help to you:
1. click start>>run>>type in "cmd"
2. type the location of your flash drive.. e.g. "d:", "e:", "f:", etc..
3. type "dir /ah"
*you will now see the files/folders with hidden attributes
4. type "attrib [name of file/folder] -r -a -s -h"
*if you're going to unhide files, you should type the whole name plus the extension (format).. example "attrib party.jpg -r -a -s -h"
**if you have folders with 6 characters and above, type the first 6 characters then "~1".. example for folder named "birthday"
"attrib birthd~1 -r -a -s -h"
5. you should repeatedly type dir /ah after unhiding some files/folders so you'll know if they're now working or not..
6. now check you flash drive.. it should be there..

Thanks ,

Return to Data Recovery- Help Forum