How to Print single page with consecutive page numbers?

General discussion on OpenOffice Calc and its spreadsheets.

How to Print single page with consecutive page numbers?

Postby Champ_AN » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:14 am

I have a single page in a Calc document. It is actually a form we fill out for taking in and sharpening knives. It's a log. I want to print it off with the corresponding tag numbers already printed at the top. Our current Tag is 4444 and will continue upwards from there. Is there a way to print say 100 copies of this single page but give them increasing page numbers in the header? I know I can start the numbering at 4444 and just copy the form onto 100 pages in the workbook, but is there a quicker/easier way?

Re: How to Print single page with consecutive page numbers?

Postby FriedL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 am

The simplest way to manage a printed series of pages like this is to use OO Writer's mail merge. You put the numbers (or whatever) in a spreadsheet, configure that as a data source, add a database field to the Writer page, then merge to print a page with each number. It's kind of silly when you're actually trying to print a spreadsheet, but I don't think there's an easier way from within Calc. Anyway, you should be able to select the spreadsheet cells, copy/paste them into the Writer document as an embedded object, then set that up with the tag number at the top/bottom.
It's not hard once you know the steps.
For a nice article giving step-by-step instructions for mail merge, see:

Return to Calc