Need to know about Recovery Console?

Discuss your problem related to data and file recovery here.

Need to know about Recovery Console?

Postby hexam_13 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 am

Hello users,
I wanna know about Recovery Console and need to know its installation procedure.
Is anybody here who can help me in this?
Thanks in advance. :)

Re: Need to know about Recovery Console?

Postby forforumsysinfo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:26 pm

What is your operating system? If you are looking for it, you must have any one of them: Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

What is recovery console?
Recover console is basically a feature, which is available with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems, that helps users perform a limited range of tasks by using a command line interface. The main function of recovery console is to enable users to fix situations where Windows fails to boot. It is also used to access the system hard drive through the command prompt when there is an emergency.

As Recovery Console is very helpful in the situation when you cannot restart Windows, it is highly recommended to install it on the computer either it is a local workstation or a part of server. If you an XP user and want to install this on your system, you need to follow the steps given below:

1. Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive.
2. Click Start button > Run.
3. Now type: d:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons, where d is the drive letter for the CD drive.
or if you are using Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, type: d:\amd64\winnt32.exe /cmdcons.
4. A "Windows Setup" dialog box will be appeared.

To confirm the installation, click on Yes button.
5. Restart your computer. Now you can see "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" in the startup menu.

The Recovery Console has been successfully installed in your system and you can use whenever it is needed.
Hope this information would be helpful.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
Site Admin

Return to Data Recovery- Help Forum