How to open .pst file in Outlook Express?

General discussion on Microsoft Outlook.

How to open .pst file in Outlook Express?

Postby bailando » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 am

Hi friends. I use both MS Outlook and Outlook Express. What I'm actually looking here is a way to open my Outlook .pst files in my Outlook Express program. Does anybody know how to open a .pst file in Outlook Express? It's really urgent.
You help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to open .pst file in Outlook Express?

Postby forforumsysinfo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 am

You are using both MS Outlook and Outlook Express, this means you must have two systems. MS Outlook doesn't run on a system in which Outlook Express is already installed or vice versa.
To open a .pst in Outlook Express, you need to import it by using Import feature of MS Outlook. See how you can do this:

1. Open your MS Outlook program.
2. Click on File tab > Open > Import.
3. In Import and Export Wizard, choose an action to perform: Export to a file. Click on Next.
4. In Export to a file, create a file of type: Comma Separated Values (DOS). Click on Next.
5. Now select any single folder (only one folder at a time) that you want to export and click on Next.
6. Browse for this new file and type a new name for it. Click on Next.
7. Click on Finish. Close you MS Outlook application.

The file has been created at the location what you have chosen in 6th step. Now copy or move this file by using any storage media to the system in which you use Outlook Express. Now again follow the below steps:

1. Open your Outlook Express program.
2. Click on File > Import > Address Book.
3. Select Text File and click on Next.
4. Now select the file that you have exported earlier and click on Next.
5.Click the check boxes to map the CSV files to the correct address book fields.
6. Click on Import this field and then click on Finish.
Hope this would be helpful for you.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
Site Admin

Return to MS Outlook- Help Forum