Gmail and Outlook are two different emails accounts through which anyone can send, receive and store the data information. The Outlook is the cloud based version. Gmail and Outlook both are differ from each other in some assets. In the Gmail account the junk messages automatically shifted on SPAM folder, but in the Outlook, you have to do that manually.
It is very easy and simple to configure Gmail account with MS Outlook. But before this, make sure one thing that IMAP access is enabled in your Gmail account. If it is not, then enable it by mail settings and then follow the simple steps shown below:
1. Open your MS Outlook program.
2. Click on File tab > Account Settings > then again Account Settings.
3. The Account Settings window will appear on the screen. On Email tab click on New button.
4. The Add New Account window will appear on the screen. Click on E-mail Account and then click on Next.
5. Fill all the required information in “Auto Account Setup” and then click on Next.
6. Outlook is configuring your e-mail server settings. This might take several minutes. Please be patient.
7. Your IMAP e-mail account is successfully configured. Click on Finish.