Q5. Define Outlook Express?
Ans: Outlook Express is the e-mail client that is included with Internet Explorer (4.x and 5.x), Microsoft Windows (98, 2000, and Millennium Edition) operating systems and Microsoft Office 98 for the Macintosh. It is designed for home users who can access their e-mail messages with the help of ISP's (Internet service provider).
Outlook Express is designed for use with any of this Internet standard system:
- SMTP -- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- POP3 -- Post Office Protocol 3 and,
- IMAP -- Internet Mail Access Protocol.
It provides full support for important e-mail, news, and directory standards such as:
- LDAP -- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol,
- MHTML -- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension Hypertext Markup Language,
- HTML -- Hypertext Markup Language,
- S/MIME -- Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions and,
- NNTP -- Network News Transfer Protocol.